Things we will miss
As we prepare to leave Bolivia after living here for three years, we have been thinking about both things we’ll miss about being here and things we’re looking forward to once we get to Michigan. Here’s the first part of the list, in no particular order:
Some things we will miss about Bolivia
- Our church, and especially the group of jovenes that we’ve gotten to know over the past couple of years
- The year-round fresh produce
- Our apartment, which is set up great for hosting groups
- Speaking Spanish
- Eating out… for cheap!
- Some great friends
- Singing in Quechua
- Lindsay being average height… for men!
- The looks we get when we carry Caleb in an aguayo
- The Bolivian culture
- Shopping in the market (well, maybe not all parts of it, like the smells or claustrophobia)
- Buying food in bags, like milk, yogurt, ketchup, salt, etc.
- The ease of transportation, between cities, and within the city
- All of the unique traditions in Bolivia